Saturday 10 September 2016

Samoyed Quilt Success!



After a big Friday evening and Saturday of sewing I finally finished the Samoyed Quilt for Auctions. I have called it Never Too Many Samoyeds.  It uses the friendship star (sourced from a book called 500 rotary cut blocks- and what a gem that book is) and the Samoyed foundation pieced block by silver linings designs. I used fabric by Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler and Cotton and Steel with a few pieces from my stash as well. It turned out so beautifully with quilting done by Kyeen Marie Quilts a friend from my quilting group. Kyeen appropriately quilted Snow flake and flurry motifs over the entire quilt. It looked truly beautiful! A big thank you to Kyeen!


Never Too Many Samoyeds By Kyria Chapman quilting by Kyeen Marie Quilts


The Samoyed Club National Dinner was on Saturday 3rd of September and my little quilt went above and beyond it's reserve and achieved a total of $600! I was really happy that it was able to raise so much for Samoyed Rescue- a charity I am happy to support. Tucker also won big and got a new bed from the auction- but now I need to 'redecorate' - he needs a new quilt for it of course!! I may also get a few orders for quilts and cushion covers- wouldn't that be nice! 

I hope you enjoy this photo of Never too many Samoyeds.. Next up I will be giving you all an update on some swap items I'm working on.

Have a great weekend and keep on sewing! 





No comments:

Post a Comment